Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Love A Parade

Here's a little one I forgot about from the TR Transport truckin' days. I was barreling-ass up Interstate 75 headed for Dearborn. About the time I entered Michigan I began to hear stuff on the CB about a tanker truck overturned ahead. Traffic suddenly slowed to a crawl, and everyone was directed to exit at the first Monroe exit. It took a long time to get everyone to the exit, and the road exited onto was pretty small for all that traffic.

I didn't know which way to go, but I figured if I followed the crowd I'd be all right. It was early afternoon as we all drove through downtown Monroe. The locals were out in force, lining the street on both sides, smiling and waving as semi after semi after car after bus came crawling through. I reckoned it was the biggest event to hit Monroe, Michigan in decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment